Thread: Gone Walkabout
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #23
HowlingMad OP
drags knuckles

Oddometer: 1,349
Just broke into Oklahoma this evening. Today finally warmed up and overall it was a spectacular day. Although it started at 42 then dropped to 36, it eventually came up to 80. It was the first day without thermal liners and electric vest or grips.

The roads in Arkansas are really spectacular and I thoroughly enjoyed the ride. The bike seems to be enjoying the weather more too. The fuel economy was just as wild as the temperature today starting at 36 and eventually reaching 44 at times. I suspect there may be an issue though and need to find time to plug into the computer. The engine light stays on longer than I remembered. Funny thing about these types of trips is that you obsess about your machine and every little noise, vibration or smell becomes a focus. That or I have OCD.

I'm currently in a little town called Disney,OK. Really, I couldn't make this stuff up. View from my campsite:

Tomorrow I get to see the action packed Oklahoma again. I can hardly wait to wear the rubber from one side of my tires as I ride in a straight line for a full day while leaning dramatically to compensate for the constant wind. Yippee skippee.

The short term goal is to head for Cimarron National Grassland in Kansas, someplace I've been trying to get to for a while.

HowlingMad is offline   Reply With Quote