View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #26
RexBuck OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,008
Oct 16 – On the road again

The past week has been quite hectic finishing final preparations and trying to maximize family time. Getting the bike pointed south again felt good.

Took me until 11 AM to finish everything up and get on the road. However, once out of the city, and onto the twisty parts of the roads through the California foothills and I was one happy camper.

Stopped in Jackson for lunch at this place

Good sandwich and very fast service.

I really enjoy Hwy 49 and the area – I took a detour on Pool Station Road – a lot of fun.

Pic of some of the views on Hwy 49

Notice the “lake” in the distance – it’s only a river now. Have noticed this throughout California, most of the lakes are fully drawn down. They had better have a pretty wet winter to fill those up again.

I particularly enjoyed the series of roads from Bass Lake down to Pine Flat Reservoir – endless turns and no traffic. Had to cut the plans for the day a bit short though as I was running out of daylight and I really didn’t want to be dodging long legged road rats in the dark. Headed down towards Fresno and stopped in Sanger, a small farm town nearby. You know it’s small when Denny’s comes out as the top recommendation for dinner.
RexBuck is offline   Reply With Quote