View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #28
RexBuck OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,008
Oct 18 - Ready for Mexico

Start early to get everything done today. Off to Phoenix to the BMW dealer and to try to find a Ram Mount camera mount.

Fairly mundane ride across the desert on the freeway Phoenix isnt bad riding for a city through can get across town easily on the ring-road. Nice dealership parts guys knew their ass from a hole in the ground (as opposed the guys in Bakersfield . . .). Not only got the filter and crush ring but also a couple of tires. Guy phoned all over trying to find the Ram Mount part. Victory BMW first class outfit.
Headed for Group Mobile who distribute Ram parts . . . big building, no signs, doors all locked. Had written down another address that one was all locked up also but at least there was a small sign. Knock on the door nice guy tells me this isnt a retail outlet but after a little searching, tells me he can get the part tomorrow. Rats, that wont work Oh well, I have a Macgyver solution in mind. Let's see, I forget the thing, find a supplier a couple of days ago do you think Id phone and ask? Too logical. Idiot!

Was going to stay in Gila Bend and do some bike maintenance. Was 3 when I got there and hotels didnt look anything better than what I knew in Ajo. So, went to Ajo closer to the border anyhow. Stayed in one of the La Siesta cabins again.

Nice.

Did oil change and discovered I left my 13mm socket at home or lost it and, my magnetic picker lost its magnet. Im surprised I remembered anything . . . sheesh! Fortunately, there was a Napa store up the road so, got what I needed.`
RexBuck is online now   Reply With Quote