View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #29
RexBuck OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 975
Oct 19 - Finally on my way

Well, it’s finally started. Crossed into Mexico today – no drama.

Got my tourist card – don’t think the Migración guy was real busy – at 11 am he had to change the date on his stamp and re-ink it. I guess when I’ve been through here before, it must have been a weekend and I had to pay my fees at the Banjarcito – a bit of a pain. This time there was a little Bank booth open around the corner – pay him, lots of paper stamped lickity split, take back to the Migración guy and he gets to use his newly inked stamp and I’m off.

Desert here looks a lot like Arizona . . . strange how that happens.

Ended up in Hermosillo . . . San Martin Hotel – nice . . . and expensive ($600 pesos - $45) but right on the highway so it’s convenient. In an industrial part of town so fortunately the hotel has a restaurant.

Hermosillo is not one of my favorite towns but in all fairness, I have never found the downtown and hung around. What I have seen is just a busy industrial town. Some large factories here, notably Ford and whole whack of parts manufacturers. Lots of traffic. It's a necessary evil as, if you are in this part of the country, there is no other easy way around.

www.rexbuck.com - RexBuck's Latin America
RexBuck is online now   Reply With Quote