View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #11
ElMartillo OP
I See Faces...

Oddometer: 268
Update: After the bike sat overnight, It started flawlessly this morning. Makes me believe the recurring problem is either completely random, or perhaps more likely heat-related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Moore View Post
A couple things before you start buying parts. First, the HES on the 1150 series is much less prone to failure than on the 1100 bikes. If you had an 1100 I would definitely be concerned about the HES. On the 1150, not so much.

Second, I don't think the HES signals control the injectors. They control spark. Actually they probably have some input to injector signal, but I'd be a little surprised if the HES would cause the injectors to fire randomly, or at all.
Jim, I appreciate your opinions and wisdom, and certainly express your skepticism as to the diagnosis, but please follow up with a firm belief in an alternative diagnosis. What else could cause my injectors to fire randomly and rapidly with ignition and kill switch "on", without the motor running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbroderick View Post
I experienced a very similar set of symptoms this morning...I ordered a new HES from Beemer Boneyard; it may be a pricey step without being 100% sure of the problem, but given my current free-time quota, I think it's worth a shot.

(My bike is a 2000 R1150GS with about 103k on it, BTW)
Kbroderick, let me know if the new part solves the problem.

Thanks for all replies!
ElMartillo is offline   Reply With Quote