View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #84
runnin4melife OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
Done mounting the KTM 690 fender, the bracket worked out nicely! The only issue I had was getting the washers to stay in place as I mounted everything, that was solved with some super glue. I just tac'd them in place and it made my day much easier.

I had to place the back 2 bolts that mount to the fender before securing the outer 2 bolts that mount to the lower triple first because once on I cannot access that location.

Photobucket

Once on you can see that I have 3 bolts mounting the bracket to the lower triple and 4 bolts mounting the bracket to the fender and 1 of these bolts runs from fender to lower triple (center). This provided the greatest stability in all aspects given what I had to work with.

Photobucket

In this picture you can see that I made a small sleeve to fill the void between center bolt and the bracket. This worked out great and makes that bolt exceptionally rigid!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I really think the fender looks great and honestly it does not look too much like it is a franken fabrication. I still want to mess with the beak a bit as well as see if I can one up Erling on the fork guards (doubtful, but will try).
runnin4melife is offline   Reply With Quote