View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #1592
CPWSAFARI
Silverback

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos M View Post
I'm with Brodo. Reseeding doesn't apply only to DNF's. Elite riders who spent 4 or 5 more hours than the average of their "speed group", fought the whole day to drag the bloody Sherco stuck in 2nd gear or finished the stage with a truck battery on their lap because the stator gone south. They may still be fighting for a top 10 or even top 5, despite having lost 4 or 5 hours in a stage. Letting them start the next day from the 100th position doesn't make much sense from a security point of view. IMHO.

Re-seeding happens how many times in a rally? I can't remember that many for the subject to be discussed as a blatant injustice ? The ones I remember weren't that polemic (Jonah?). They are not altering the classification chart, they are just releasing fast riders on the course. Maybe I see it this way because I always imagine rallye stages in fast open ground where overtaking is possible, though always dangerous because of dust.

There's so much involved in rallying that I don't believe reseeding creates any sensible unbalance or unfair advantage either for the ones being reseeded or for the ones getting the reseeded to enter the stage before them. If I would be fighting for 17th place I wouldn't care less if I would enter the track in 16th vs 17th . As I never done it this opinion is worth shit, but anyway...
A problem with reseeding team riders back towards the front is that they become waterboys for their team and that by being close by if a problem occurs and they supply a wheel or whatever, then they have just changed the outcome of the rally. If they dnf, put them at the back and let them earn the right to be back up the front !! or better still if they dnf, then park them up. Rules should be the same for all entries.

CPWSAFARI screwed with this post 10-22-2012 at 07:02 PM
CPWSAFARI is offline   Reply With Quote