View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #11
DeeGee OP
I'm a Yorkshireman thanoz

Oddometer: 1,853
So pretty much all my pictures are uploaded and I've an hour or so before I'm back in work this evening. The motorcycle travelling is absolutely top drawer, but when you get home you get home with an all mighty bang!

Anyway, buckle up grab a brew and off we go

Here's a proper introduction to the team;

Jack (my missus)

Chubbythumper AKA Terry

V Twins for me AKA Rob

Frog AKA Pete

And little old me AKA DeeGee/DG/Gav Flying the KTM Colours

So as mentioned before we had a bit of an adventure, before we set off due the the strike actions of the French crew on the ferry. We all managed to get on an alternative ferry though on a different crossing two days earlier than planned, this meant Jack had to wangle another day off work and also she had to go in on the Sunday to make sure all wages were done for the staff. Monday arrived and we were like a pair of kids on Christmas Eve, we had waited soooooo long for this adventure.

Bike packed to the gunnels and we were off.

We made a short stop on the way to Poole to borrow a friends GoPro camera, quick chat and a brew and we were on the way again.

Garage stop for fuel and water

We eventually found our way to the Port on the South coast of England, parked up and waited for the others to arrive.

Rob soon followed on his SE

Then came Pete, followed by the boat.

Once on board the bikes were strapped down we went upstairs and began the banter and Pete got stripped off!

As Terry was travelling from Northern Ireland he had travelled on an overnight ferry the day before, still sailing into Cherbourg therefore we had all booked into a cheap Formula 1 hotel for the night. We got off the ferry in the wet darkness and made the short journey to the hotel where Terry was waiting for us.

The following morning hadn't changed, it was an early wet start to the day.

We'd not been going all that long when some of the "older" team members needed to relieve their swollen bladders

Oi!!

We made good progress and found our way down near a town called Dax in southern France, fuel and a brew to decide what to do.

We decided that a motel round the back of the fuel station was too expensive for what it was and decided to head into the next town to find digs........

We rode and tried several hotels, some were derelict and the rest were full, time was pressing on as it was near 21.00, we had been on the road since 7.30 and we were getting pretty desperate. We got our heads together and pressed on further south aiming for a hotel which we'd punched into the satnav and luckily we came up trumps as the bright lights illuminated the hotel at the side of the road. Once the bikes were secured and the luggage removed we headed for the restaurant.......... Which was closed

Luckily good old Micky D's was round the corner so we headed there and managed to get some food in ouir bellies before that closed on us too! It was licensed too!

Early breakfast the following day and we were on the road rolling by 8.00 Pretty uneventful day as we hooked up the ipod and listened to some tunes while we munched away the miles.

Over the border into Spain.

Fuel stop where Rob and Pete took advantage of the shade.

Fuel stop and Jack had time to check out her phone.

Did I mention Jack was on her phone?

We got a place to stay just north of Madrid in La Cabrera in Spain.

We ate and dined there. A real character owned the place, he recommended the cheeseboard for dessert which I asked for

I was sooooooooooo excited!!

Right graft beckons, catch up with more tomorrow.

DeeGee screwed with this post 10-28-2012 at 01:19 PM
DeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote