View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #93
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy Footer View Post
Hey Frog, when you're out practice riding, what speeds are you reaching? Say in an open wash, how high do you crank it up?

I ask because I just did my first local desert run here in San Diego and my bike tops out about 65mph on dirt. I think that is a far cry from you guys prob hitting 85+++. I will say however that the more time I spend at 65 through the sand makes 50 seem muuuch easier. My buddy, who is a better technical rider than I am, was having issues seeing the terrain and anticipating things while at speed. I'm assuming you guys have the same thing but you're hauling the mail!

Any thoughts? What speeds are you comfortable at, do you ever do "hot" laps and scare the piss outta yourself or what?
You definitely get used to fast speeds the more you ride them.

Currently my riding has been limited by other commitments which sucks but at least I won't get hurt before the race. I'm planning on heading out this weekend on my super enduro to do some high speed dirt roads because the risk is low and it will get me used o going fast again.

As far as what speed I'm comfortable at that just depends on the terrain. At Vegas to reno on my se I was able to pull 124 mph in a few spots but top speed really isn't that important. If you could ride 40 over all terrain you would be better off then 10 in spots with a 100 plus top speed.
frog is offline   Reply With Quote