View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #8
panzerrocket OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Next morning the plan was to ride into the Mercantour nationalpark through Gorges du Plaun and explore all the canyons in the nationalpark. When we got to Col d Turini, the road was blocked due to a rally, so we stayed a while and watched.

Nikolai was thrilled to see all the cars racing by.

Eventually we turned around and went back.

It turned out that the new route I'd planned also was affected by the rally...hm!

But what the hell, we were not in a hurry and just made a new route to get into the Mercantour nationalpark. We stopped in this town,

for a coffee and a Cola.

When these 2 gentlemen rolled into town, Nikolai was all fired up. Daddy let's go look at their bikes. We had a chat with them, and they turned out to speak pretty good english. I tried with my very lousy french to start with, but they quickly switched to english with a smile. In fact, everybody we met on this trip spoke english. I always started out with my almost non-excistent french, and the frenchmen then switched to english. So the myth about frenchmen only wanting to speak french is hereby busted.

We continued through this wonderful landscape.

After a cold night on a hotel up in the mountains, we headed down for this road.

Passing villages located down in the valleys.

We rode south through Gorges de Dalius with fantastic views.

panzerrocket is offline   Reply With Quote