View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #21
scottyaustria OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Cool2 ...deeper int Montenegro

Day 7...

Our first night in Montenegro ended with a competition between a cock crowing and a massive dog barking at 5 a.m.
We met a mountain guide, who lives not far from me in Austria and he told us about this road through the Skadar Lake National Park.
The way he talked aboute the route was so intriguing - we had to take that road...

...lovely campsite with old olive trees but the sanitary standard wasnt quite our stile...

...this was the closest we would get to the Albanian border - see the mast on the left - Albania is just behind there...

...having a break at the top of the pass...

...looking into Albania...

...wonderful alleys of wild-growing figs and chestnuttrees...

...the only other motorbikers we saw on that day was this couple from Austria...

...fatastic food and a very good price...

After leaving the capital Podgorica going North we saw this little gorge next to the main road.

Since the the Montenegrins drive like berserkers we tried to keep away from the big streets looking for the smaller mountain roads.

...I love this picture...

...the main square of Kolasin
While I was waiting for Siggi getting some dinner (read beer) I was approached by a father with here daughter asking me if we were looking for some rooms.
I told them we were more into camping and they told us of a national park not far were you could camp.
During the talk I was surrounded by four dogs, all wagging their tails.... the people here are very friendly!

...this was the "campsite" in the NP Bigradska Gora
...no way getting nails in the floor(rock) so we tied the tents between the trees...

...sleeping beauties...

the route of the day....

I hope you like my report sofar.
I know its a lot of pictures but I have 1700 pics and I already cut them down to 500 or so, I hope I“m not boring you..

stay tuned for day 8 ...

Slainte
/Keith