View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #775
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 7,131
Thanks for the update. I miss the sound of big real music. I have not heard that in a very long time. Now with my hearing the way it is I miss a lot. Still there is nothing like it. My wife and I got to attend an event once where a chamber orchestra made up of DSO members, (Denver Symphony), and they played waltzes. Anybody who knows of thw old KVOD and the "Friday Waltz" would know exactly what this was. costumes and all.
They held this at an unoccupied mall that later became a church. We bought tickets as support for the DSO. We were once able to do that.
The valet parking was fun with our old SuperBeetle but we were dressed to the nines in period gear, powdered wig and all. We got to sit at a table with a German couple. She had been a dancer/dance teacher her entire life and he an engineer. It was a perfect fit and we danced the night away.
I will never forget that couple of the artists who gave of their time to take us back to a time long ago when waltzing and powdered wigs and stinged instruments were all the rage.
It was magic.
The old DSO and KVOD were such a great part of our lives in Denver.

Thanks for the report and the insight into a musicians life and how it all works.

Why isn't this thread on PBS, or NPR?
Man this is good stuff.
My Life With The 990R
Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote