View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 02:47 AM   #1583
Deadly99 OP
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,640
Tftb

During the process of writing the Dakar book, Angelo (Brodovitch here on adv) and I enjoyed the experience so much we decided to make a series of publications. Why is the big question I suppose. To enjoy a hobby and produce a product we both wish existed; I guess this would be the answer. We have no false illusions of making a living from this, in fact I sincerely believe this is the reason there are no publications dedicated to offroad rally racing. It is a small niche group of people who enjoy the sport, whether that be as a competitor or as a fan.

Our goal is to put together a print publication once a year or as material is available. Volume 1 (Dakar 2012) is now for sale from our new website www.TFTB.org

Neither Angelo nor myself are web designers....we're learning as we go and hope to add content to the web site over the coming months, years, etc

We have been working hard on the second volume in the Tales From The Bivouac series...which we aim to have available in December....

We sincerely appreciate everyone's interest and patience. The writing, producing, website, editing, etc has been a bit of a personnel learning curve for myself and one I am quite enjoying.

Thanks for the support
Ted

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote