View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 04:20 AM   #484
Tiffany OP
Airhead Adventuress

Oddometer: 1,087
Cool2 Saying Goodbye

I loaded Thelma up and we headed out into the traffic once more, looking to get over or under a river, I managed to find this tunnel...

(another in the occasional series of don't tell my Mum I was taking photos as I rode along!)

In search of the shipping agents - James Cargo, I ended up in New Jersey somewhere - shipping agents tend to be in obscure locations where there are seedy warehouses and very few actual people in sight. I reached my destination and handed over Thelma to a very nice young man called Arpad, the paperwork took us very little time, then he did a visual check of Thelma, as she is so battered after the 15 years of travel that I've put her through, it didn't take long to note on his sheet that almost every panel is damaged! And before I knew it, Arpad was wheeling Thelma away into the warehouse.

I always find it hard saying goodbye to Thelma and leaving her in someone else's hands. Picking up my bag, I headed back into NYC on the train, clutching bike helmet and seat as a reminder that I'm usually a bike traveller

It was my final night in America, Sabs had a drinks party to wish me farewell

www.tiffanystravels.co.uk
Tiffany's youtube video

Tiffany screwed with this post 12-18-2012 at 02:20 PM
Tiffany is offline   Reply With Quote