View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 05:51 AM   #81
Toadride OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 818
Eh? Into the Storm?

It was just a short hop up the road to the war museum. Three hangers full of completed, half finished and barely started aircraft.
This big 'cat' makes the Stang look small.

Maybe, because it is. 3/4 size fully flyable replica. Gotta love it. This one is a V12 but they come with Chevy V8s too.
The classic Migs were there too.

WWs one and two

C47 from A Bridge Too Far.

This was ultra cool.

And pulling out a flyable.

Then it was on to the Kennedy Space enter.

These were the only pics because.....
Paid the $10 parking. Walked to the gate to find admission fees starting at $50. Then the addons. Wasn't gonna happen for me so I left
With that storm brewing south, some nasty winds (and great surf) was already happening.

Sky was really darkening in my direction but it seemed to fizzle by dark.

Woke up to a bit of rain but now it's totally gone. Miami's forcast is rain and that's where I'll be in a few hours.
The dilemma for me is now the heat. Even tho my Oly riding gear has a vented mesh outer shell, it's still hot. I road yesterday with just the pants and a t shirt but even with sun block I seem to have burned my arms pretty good. If I do get into rain, I will wear the jacket and, even tho this is not the rain gear part I figure this warm rain is not going to do anthing but cool me down.
And I thought Hurricane season was supposed to be over? Just what I need. Not much protection out there on the Keys.