View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #37
biodieselandon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ Adventure View Post
Well first of all, glad you are ok to tell the tale...nothing else is important. Maybe it is the blue bike jinx...I just heard from my dealer today that the blue 800 he took for a ride last weekend is messed up after a 100kph spill (had 2k's on it now 1300). Rider is ok (a little embarrassed) but bike apparently needs some work after front tyre came off the rim and ploughed bike into the Tarmac. Dealers words "those 800's are tough" he rode the bike home after the spill with bent bars, wheel and damaged fairing. I wonder how the Tiger 800xc would fair up with a one piece frame versus two piece. Write off?? (Can of worms open) :-)
Hopefully the jinx is just a one time deal. It is a very tough bike I was able to ride it the rest of the way home as well. And I was doing at least 60 mph. They are actually replacing the subframe on mine because of the damage to the passenger footpeg mount. I can't believe the front brake lever didn't even snap off! It just wore down the ball on the end. Really tells you how this bike is made to go down again and again offroad and keep on going.

I really like the Tiger 800 as well... Especially that triple! The only thing I don't like is the fact that Triumph makes it so difficult to shut the ABS off! They are both great bikes and I can't see ever being disappointed with either one.
"A clean GS is a dirty shame."
biodieselandon is offline   Reply With Quote