View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #13194
TwoRats's Avatar
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
Oddometer: 85
Originally Posted by BritOnTwoWheels View Post
I have a question about AZ law, OHV stickers and riding on State Trust Land. Service Arizona suggests that I don't need (and can't get) a OHV sticker on my KLR because it is primarily a "street" bike ... but signs at the entrance to State Trust Lands (Tortolita Mountains) show that OHV stickers are required, as well as a State Land Recreational Use Permit. What is the law? Anyone?
I have an AZ OHV sticker on my 950 Adventure. You need only this sticker to ride on State Trust lands - as long as you stay on marked roads. You need the special permit only if you stray off of them. I was confused about all this also until I spoke to the AZ Game and Fish peep at last year's Overland Expo in Flagstaff.
TwoRats is offline   Reply With Quote