View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #911
ezrdr55
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
I originally posted this about my Seat Concepts seat over on Stromtrooper: I have about 2K miles on my Seat Concepts with the firm foam. While it's better than the stock seat, I think I'll need to put my WallyWorld ATV pad back on for extended trips. If that doesn't prove out then I'll buck-up and get a Corbin. Probably should have just done that in the first place. I've had 4 Corbins on different bikes and 1K days on several occasions without any serious monkey-butt issues. BTW- Seat Concepts did the install and their customer service was 100% better than my last Corbin experience.

BUT: I thought I'd add an update to my Seat Concepts experience now that I have a few miles on it (see it here: Another Utah Backcountry Discovery Rider Solo UTBDR - ADVrider)

The seat work really well. No need for additional Wally World padding, or sheep skins. I rode 4700 miles on this trip including a couple of 700 mile days to get back home and I guess the best thing I can say about the seat is that during the whole trip I never really thought about it. Temperature ranged from 31 to 101. Even at 101 the seat didn't seam like it was all that hot. I really didn't expect this to be the case. The foam seams just as firm now as it did on day one, so if it stays that way I'll stay a happy camper.