View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #17
Gham
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperquiet View Post
True-true..........I owned four TS125 Dusters. I bought a new 1972, rode it 5000 miles and traded for another new 1972 Duster for $125.00!! difference. The second Duster lasted about 2 weeks before it was totaled when a car hit me. So, I bought another '72 Duster and rode it until the new red 1973 Duster came out---------bought one of them also. Two of my best friends owned them and they were more popular where I lived than the AT1/AT2 Yamaha 125 Enduro.

I owned a 1973 TS400 for a while (evil bike for an 18 year old) and finally settled on a TS185K with a 21" front wheel conversion............It was the best Suzuki two stroke for what I did...........and BTW, Suzuki did sell a hop up kit for the TS series bikes.

Very cool!!

I loved Suzuki's when I was a kid,In Texas you could get a license
for 100cc and under at age 15.It was my ticket to freedom in 1972 and I wore out a TC90 Blazer on the streets of Plano.

We rode trails and just basically had a great time.Then I got bigger bikes but have always loved (and missed) the old Enduro type bike.It was a go anywhere,do anything machine.

The TS 185 was a great bike,wasn't it called a Siera?

Society Historicus Revisioniscus
Gham is offline   Reply With Quote