View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 05:22 PM   #203
Z_HARSH OP
Like margarine?

Oddometer: 455
The Beginning of the End

I lingered at the hot springs as long as I could, but I had to keep rambling. I was disappointed I didn't get to Nebesna, but I had been just about everywhere else I could ride to and it was time to start heading south. Fall was closing in and it was only a matter of time before the snow would turn the land white.

I was feeling good, and the bike had a nice new paint job from the previous day:

Photobucket

I liked it, I almost wished I could have it clear-coated on, to preserve the beauty of the Dalton on it forever. I obviously didnít do that, but I didnít go out of my way to wash it off either.

From Chena I headed to the "Top of the World" Highway over to Chicken then Dawson. I had heard from several sources that it was worth checking out and I did the Alcan on the way in.

It was another beautiful day with perfect visibility, and reminded me of home.

Photobucket

I had to pull over and admire the amazing view of the Alaskan Range. Zooming in wasnít working so well at this point, but I still tried.

Photobucket

I kept rolling in the comfort of the truck, not stopping much, except for the perrrrrdy sunset.

Photobucket

I turned off of Highway 2 but didn't make it too much further before I found somewhere to pull off and pop the top on the camper and call it a night. It wasn't much of a camp spot, just a little pull-off. I didn't want to go too far in the dark and miss the best of the road, I had hear it was a good one.

Then I watched the aurora borialus for a while before calling it a night.

Photobucket

Again, more limitations of the point and shoot and lack of technical skills showing up here, but you get the idea.

Photobucket
SPREAD THE WORD, SAVE OUR SPORT!!
Z_HARSH is offline   Reply With Quote