View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 04:11 AM   #177
Dakar83 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
Well the HPM is back on the road, the problem was water which had migrated along the HT leads and into the coil. The coils have a rubber boot which is cable tied in place so I was a bit surprised. Anyway good to find out close to home and not 000's km away in the outback.
Dave's solution after drying the coil was to pack silicon under the cap and then reseat it. The silicon should set and keep water out.
So today i enjoyed 140km of trouble free riding, up to Mundaring for quick gravel fix in the hills.

I called in to see Frank at the fabrication shop on the way back, we have a new design for the Pivot Pegz lowered and setback mount, this one will be lighter and simpler than the first one shown in an earlier post and best of all it will restore the proper folding action of the foot pegs. Frank will start work on it in a couple of weeks, so I will post up the results and some pictures in due course.

Back home spent some time setting up a descent tool kit to go in the tank wallet, all told a good day!
Dakar83 is offline   Reply With Quote