View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 06:39 AM   #776
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 835
Good intro, ioflying.

As for the dirt--yesterday before I took these pictures I took a wet napkin to the front fairing to get the bugs off. I haven't done any sort of proper washing for at least a month. Typically I just run a squeegie over the grime at the gas station. If you saw it up close you'd see it was no pampered Duck!

So I'm out on this horse farm still....thought I'd be here for a day or two, but I haven't wanted to leave. In addition to being in an optimal location for epic rides, the owners / hosts have been incredible. Ken is ex-RAF and can keep the interesting stories coming all day/night, has owned over 50 bikes (at the same time), including several Vincents, (one of which he sold to Jay Leno). His wife, Deanie, is an absolutely brilliant cook who's always cheerful, smiling, incessantly hospitable and dear. They have two wonderful daughters and the farm attracts some wonderful company. If you are ever in the area, reach out to Deanie and stay a couple nights. Pool table/game room, a pool, a lake with canoes, great conversation, incredible breakfasts and serpentine roads everywhere. ($55 a night, too!) Doesn't get much better: http://www.penmerrylfarm.com/

(If you noticed the lack of posts yesterday it had something to do with imbibing too much/sleeping too little after a dinner/party at their house. Copious amounts of wine, brandy and moonshine (the real kind that comes in a mason jar) were consumed, followed by an attempt to make it out onto the lake with oarless boats. A remarkable time was had.)

Yesterday I did get in some riding....out on what was so far the most treacherous road I'd been on--a few steep hills, lots of rocks, gravel and sand (in addition to a lot of smooth hard pack).

(All of the pictures above were taken ON the property.)

AntiHero screwed with this post 10-26-2012 at 07:07 AM
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote