View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 10:33 AM   #55
Just GO! OP
Countersteer it.

Oddometer: 2,867
The trail head, as you can see in the photo above, was well manicured but that soon came to an end as I entered the wooded area........

The trail narrowed progressively the further I rode until I was brushing tree limbs from my face as I putted along. I rode over small, downed trees and rocky areas strewn with leaves until the trail just seemed to end. With nowhere to go I stopped and looked around. There was another small trail off to my left..........heading back the same way I came but no stone bridge was in sight.

Had I unknowingly passed it or was it still further into the woods with no trail to get me there? Now I am, in no way a hiker....I really wanted to ride to that bridge and possibly take pics of the KLR there for you all to enjoy. I really did not want to hike there.

I was kinda bummed about this turn of events......... just sitting there on the bike with no bridge and no way to continue........

About the time I was thinking about heading back the trail to my left I just happened to look down and to my left and the earth just fell away to nothing. Then I looked down and to my right and saw a large opening in the ground. COOL!........I had came to a stop directly on the stone bridge....the trail I was on ended right on the bridge!

Water from the small stream that eroded the limestone away to create the bridge enters here...............

...........and exits here........................the KLR is directly overhead.......

I was there for a long time just taking it all in. I walked down below the bridge and took pictures from many angles. I putted the KLR across the bridge and to the left where there was a cliff that fell away to the stream bed below. I just took the time to relax and enjoy what I had found...................