View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #98
Aarrff OP
Gravel Grinder

Oddometer: 1,575
Posting up day three of our trip which was 9/23/12: We left Franklin Va and headed south east toward Elizabeth City NC on some back roads that I had studied on Google Maps. We could have gone on east toward Norfolk and then taken a toll road down that way but why do that when you can ride through the eastern farm lands and might see something interesting.

We even found a curve down here

We started passing quite a few impressive cotton fields:

I guess this place is for sale

After passing Elizabeth City, we head east toward Kill Devil Hills and the Outer Banks:

Not sure about the order of some farm photos as there were farms both north and east of Elizabeth City...

Hole in the trees for the power lines I guess

We had both been in Elizabeth City several times before so we rolled on through and decided to find somewhere to eat perhaps before we reached the OBX.

Hmmm....I dunno about this place ??? Might get more than we bargained for

Now this is just off the beaten path ( highway 158) but it may have possibilities so we'll check it out...

Turn here I bet

Now this is looking pretty cool so we go in!

Easy to find your way around here

Oh yes, this has possibilities

Bon Appetit! This turned out to be one of the best meals on the trip, fresh seafood, and just awesome! Go there!!!!

After the big meal,we walked around the marina. Nice people there and we saw this boat full of decoys:

And this must be Coinjock himself....dirty stinky little dog

They had a nice gift shop there with neat t-shirts for Coinjock Marina so we picked up a few and found this whole thing to be a really nice place to stop for lunch. Not crowded, laid back lifestyle, just our kind of place on Coinjock Bay. We asked our waitress, who had spent the summer near us in the mountains, about the name "Coinjock" and she thinks it has something to do with a plant growing in the area.. At any rate, a fun stop.

This was a big day with lots more to come as we ended up the day on Ocracoke with a sunset ferry ride. We were also as far north as Corolla to see the horses so I am taking a break here and posting this up as segment one of the day.

R1200GSA, R 80 RT ( adv project )
Honda XR 70 R

Aarrff screwed with this post 10-26-2012 at 08:38 PM
Aarrff is offline   Reply With Quote