View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #15
petdav OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
re: I just added few washers to the ABS-sensors.

Great idea and I've just looked and can see that will work fine. Is that rear wheel spacer on the right side of the axle actually thicker or is it just shaped differently on the ABS model - sort of conical shape vs flat shape on 950?

Regarding my shirt!! Yes it was just a textile shirt with elbow pads and a good Camelback back pack - fortunately I had an almost full Geigerrig bladder so about 2 litres of water and air!!! to act as a spine protector. This was the first day I had removed my Cayenne Pro to ride like this as it was about 100 degrees and I paid for it with the shoulder abrasions.

We don't get a lot of days that warm in the Great White North so I usually ride with the jacket on around here. While travelling, a full protector takes up too much space - otherwise I'm usually ATTGATT.

This was a very freak accident that happened very quickly -I've ridden for 48 yrs and the other fellow over 40 yrs with lots of experience - simply "things happen".

Thanks for the help with the wheel question and will post on the FM when I have been given the OK to scavenge the bike
petdav is offline   Reply With Quote