View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #13
diegoteck OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
So.. if not ask don't tell and hope it isn't discovered if loss or physical damage takes place? I you make a claim and collect a settlement and it is later discovered the bike has a salvage title can you be accused of committing fraud?? GH
You are not committing any crime if the company doesn't ask. There is nothing wrong if they discover it is a salvage title on the claim process, they take a depreciation and you get what you paid for. If you bought a bike for 7k when it was 10k with a clean title and the company tells you the replacement cost is 10k but we are going to take a 30% depreciation due to the loss history, you will be ok, at the end you are not trying to make money, you just need to get what you paid for it.
I had clients that just after a total loss claim realized their car was a salvage and now understand why it was "such a good deal" when they bought it, I explain the process if they are not familiar with it and i also tell then not to get unreal expectations about the settlement. If you paid less, you get less, but there is no way you are walking out empty handed.
diegoteck is offline   Reply With Quote