View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #104
Aarrff OP
Gravel Grinder

Oddometer: 1,575
Final segment of day three 9/23/12:

Just down the road, we pull into the Hatteras park.

In a few minutes I heard mtngal laughing about something. She had taken a photo that I did not realize what she did until later...she said that I was just totally excited to be on this trip.....

Just down the road, we arrive at the ferry to Ocracoke just as the sun sets on another great day...

Old Glory watches over us

Boarding now

mtngal did some photo shop work to get enough light on some of these photos...here I am talking to the two guys we had passed earlier. They are brave souls, cousins, traveling thousands of miles on these small engine bikes and their top speed is only 50 Not me, not on the open road like this...they were neat guys and we had fun talking to them and they took a photo of me and mtngal which she doctored to get more light as well...

One of their bikes had these really huge tires and they tried their luck in the sand at Corolla and did not get far either..

Another ride similar too ours...

Prop wash as we pull out

mtngal enjoys the evening breeze as we head across

Having a fun trip as we always do!!!

Docked and unloading

A short spin in the dark and we are in town, checked into our room and back out fer grub,,,,room photos tomorrow in the daylight.

Inside and the guys we met on the ferry were here too...well...this was about all that was still open. This late in the year, lots of places close up a bit early.

The menu and the food and beer was good!

We had a long and fun day so next up will be day four 9/24/12, but it may be a few days before I get time to post it up.

R1200GSA, R 80 RT ( adv project )
Honda XR 70 R

Aarrff screwed with this post 10-27-2012 at 08:46 PM
Aarrff is offline   Reply With Quote