View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 11:52 PM   #13195
Godzillat2
Clown on mini bike

Oddometer: 6
I'm a newbee too........

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritOnTwoWheels View Post
I'm not new to biking but I am new to this forum. I'm in NW Tucson and would like to meet up for weekend rides if anyone is interested - either off-road with my KLR650 or longer road tours with my Connie.

I did the Tucson / Wilcox / Safford / Clifton / Eagar / Show Low / Payson / Globe / Oro Valley loop last year on the Connie ... Clifton to Eagar was the best part. I have also done the back road up Mount Lemon and Reddington Pass a few times on the KLR (amongst other things).

I have a question about AZ law, OHV stickers and riding on State Trust Land. Service Arizona suggests that I don't need (and can't get) a OHV sticker on my KLR because it is primarily a "street" bike ... but signs at the entrance to State Trust Lands (Tortolita Mountains) show that OHV stickers are required, as well as a State Land Recreational Use Permit. What is the law? Anyone?
I'm building up a DR650 for dirt riding around southern AZ. Hope to meet some people through this thread. I also ride a '10 Connie. A great alternate to the road ride you mentioned is Three Way to Glenwood, Reserve, then over to Alpine. In either direction it is an awesome ride on the C14. Not as demanding as Clifton to Eager, but great fun otherwise.
Godzillat2 is offline   Reply With Quote