View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 03:12 AM   #78
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by K0m4 View Post
Pedrosa just doesn't seem to have that little extra it takes to be a winner.
I see that in a bit of a different light.

This year Pedrosa has shown, that heīs NOT settling for second, like he has done many times before. Today was a good example, and though itīs easy to say now in hindsight, that he went too fast too early on, he was just 100% determined to keep the others behind, at whatever cost.

That was his one and only chance to take the title decision to Valencia anyway. And he probably knew fully well, that Stoner was just about to set a blistering pace, and that he was already in danger of getting passed.

BTW, that was Daniīs one and only real mistake on track all year (I donīt think what happened in Misano was his fault at all). Also keep in mind, that Jorge came really close to crashing in Sepang just a week ago, and had that happened, the whole championship wouldīve been blown wide open, so there really isnīt much separating these two. Just a bit of good luck/bad luck, that was decisive.

It kinda sucked for Dani, that Casey had to win this one, cos if it wouldīve been any other track, then maybe there would have been hope of some sort of help from Casey? But Stoner wanting to get this one was understandable, too.

The only ones, who never make mistakes, are the people, who donīt even try. I take my hat off for Dani, because heīs really tried as hard as he could, and put everything on the line. This time it did not work for him, but on the other hand, he was closer than ever. And this is the sort of attitude, that he needs, to finally get that elusive title in MotoGP.
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote