View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 05:18 AM   #250
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer: 2,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastredbike View Post
Hi John,
thanks for the excellent RR. It's one of the best I've seen in quite a while in the way you blend travel tips, philosophy and commentary/photos of your travels. It's been interesting to follow your "diversions" when you spend time with ADVriders along the route. Your photos are great, too, glad you weren't camera-less for long.

I seem always to have more trip than time and reports like this remind me how much I miss as I "iron-butt" it through. Someday I'm going to have the time for some extended trips and I'm going to do it more like you.

BTW, I hope you don't mind me lifting a line from one of your early posts to quote in my sig. I totally share that sentiment and love that feeling just as a new trip gets going.
Hi Fastredbike,

Glad you are enjoying the ride. Anyone can lift pics, quotes or tips from this ride report. That's what its for. It is free for the taking.

I know what you mean about jetting down the road with white line fever. I used to ride like that when I was younger. It was fun. I had more money than time. Didn't really have time to PM folks or take the time to stop too long on the way to meet people and check things out. There is usually about twenty years there when work and family make it tough to take the time for big rides and dawdling.

Have faith. Your time will come. There will be a day when you can take the time to visit ADVriders and goof off and have fun when you get older. And if you're ever jetting through northern Nebraska you have a free place to stay at my bachelor house. Hope to see you down the road.

Kindest regards,
John Downs

JDowns screwed with this post 10-28-2012 at 04:44 PM
JDowns is offline   Reply With Quote