View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #1526
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C.F.RIDER View Post
If you really don't get it, many people would gladly trade some of those horses for a lighter bike that will handle better off road, use less fuel, be easier to pick up, etc. There is no replacement for displacement when you are going in a straight line, but for turning, jumping and braking I couldn't give a shit whether I had 20-30 horses less if it could loose 100 lbs.
Nobody seems to realize that, for what the 950 is (or was), it ain't that porky. You can't compare it to anything else, because it's in a class of one.

The new beast.......................
[/QUOTE]

I'm really not sure where some people (not you obviously) would expect the savings to come from with an 800 if all else was equal or close to equal with the 9X0's. You want slightly less HP, but with suspension and fuel capacity it's gonna make it end up damn close to the same. Just compare the 9x0 to the current crop of less suspended, less powerful 800 offerings from the competition, they aren't very far apart and with the common mods like exhaust get even closer. We all agree the HP is a big part of what makes the 9X0's so much fun and so good on the boring bits and we want to take that away for a few kg's? No thanks.

PG007
"Up there where you eat moose-cock you must all be rockets scientists."
triplenickel is offline   Reply With Quote