View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #62
kshansen
kshansen

Oddometer: 174
Why do I ride a sidecar outfit?

Could be several reasons. Got the first one because first wife suggested it after telling me the rear seat of the Sportster was nothing more than a Naugahyde Tampon! Then after getting lots of negative feed back from local Harley dealer after I had installed the first one had to prove him wrong. Well about 100,000 miles later and two sidecars on the Sportster in 2009decided he was right and took the sidecar off the 1988 and put a new Hannigan on the "new" 1992 Sportster. In the mean time I still had the old California Sidecar Companion sitting in the shed and decided to find a tug for it. Local independent shop owner suggested an XS650 he had and I traded a Honda 750SS for it. That has been my ride to work year round outfit for around 15 years. I only have about a one mile commute so I'm amazed at times that all those short runs with never a chance to warm up and the semiannual oil changes have not killed the 650. Asked many times why I would ride it in the winter in central NY I just say if I was to put it in the ditch someday it's a lot lighter to push out than my Chevy pickup!
kshansen is offline   Reply With Quote