View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #8
ride4321 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by max57 View Post
There is a parking brake on that scoot but I forget how it works. That would be funny. It is on the left side and is to keep the scoot from rolling off the sidestand. You have a nice scooter there. I have gotten over 100 mpg on my wife's one. Takes off quickly too. Put good tires on it.
I've been trying to figure out how the parking brake works. I was under the impression you just pushed the brake peddle down hard and it would stay in place until you pressed on it again but mine doesn't work that way. It still needs to be lubed though so I could be wrong.
Is this the parking brake? It's frozen in place but seems to be some sort of cable.

DUH, never mind, it says PARKING BRAKE right on it. I'm going to lube that up right now and see if I can free it up.

If anyone has a link to the owners manual it would come in very handy.

Note: The parking brake wasn't on but the cable was frozen. Loosened that up and also sprayed the rear brake cable. The wheel seemed to spin better so I took it up the road a block. It seems to go ok but takes some throttle to get it moving. More work needs to be done on the brakes however

Don't you know there ain't no devil, it's just God when he's drunk.
Tom Waits

ride4321 screwed with this post 10-28-2012 at 06:12 PM
ride4321 is offline   Reply With Quote