View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #1039
theantipaul
Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer: 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhrc628 View Post
That is very very cool!!!!!

I have the dual BD lapaz HIDs and also a squadron.

How does the squadron compare to the HIDs for throw and general lighting?

I've only used my dual HIDs once but the light throw out is ridiculous - gave me a 1.5km range!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Yea, the HID stuff seems to be going away for sure. I was riding Friday night with my Stryker headlamp and the stock 500 XC-W headlight and I could see pretty well. My buddy was behind me with a Squadron and was really lighting up the trails, it was amazing actually. I'm convinced that a Squadron for a headlight and a Helmet light are all you need for night trail riding. The technology is amazing.

I was spotting deer in the woods with my helmet light all night long, I bet I saw 50 at least and one Porcupine... they're bigger than you think
Hey I just make the stuff, haven't really ridden much with dual 8" HID's, I'm sure others are much more qualified to answer that, but the Squadrons don't throw anywhere near far enough for speed, good for just about everything else, but I've heard the new OnX's with the prototype long range lenses are good to 80mph racing offroad now! and they're still improving them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhrc628 View Post
So are you selling the under and over squadron brackets ?

Will there also be a side by side bracket made ?
PM sent.

Man lived, Man suffered, Man died

theantipaul is offline   Reply With Quote