View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #219
LC Garage OP
On Any Sunday

Oddometer: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fast View Post
Rick, Master vintage mechanic Owen has finished your head & it looks great. When I ordered the springs & keepers there was some miscommunication & they sent XL350 springs. When we got the right stuff it was titanium instead of aluminum for the same price! We'll get it shipped to you next week.

Sue & I are headed down to the beach house in Baja on the first. We'll meet up with Jr., Allan & the rest of the Wounded Warriors gang for pre-running. I'll be following along behind on my new to me 2003 WR450. We installed a Baja Designs headlight & a GPR steering stab. on it. Should be fun! Then we're headed back down on the 14th to catch the race!!
Titanium, nice upgrade!! Once the head gets back I won't have any more excuses and will get crackin on the old girl again.

Sounds like you guys should have a great time, hopefully all will be safe and have a successful race! Hope you guys will do a lot of posting of updates so we can follow along.

Thanks again for your help! (and please give my thanks to Owen as well)

PS; is that steering dampner a one way dampner or two way? Am planning to put one on my TTR250 and Luke said that for desert only go one way and for enduro go two way. Any thoughts or suggestions?