View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 04:10 AM   #72
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJRiggs View Post
This makes me laugh every time I cross over (2-3 times per year)--the Canadian officials always seem to be polite and relaxed. They don't seem to mind 20-somethings coming into the country just to vacation and have a good time, etc. The Border Patrol officers on the American side, however, make my life Hell every time. No matter how nice I am, no matter how cooperative, even when I'm freshly shaved with combed hair, wearing a smile, documents in hand, etc... I'm always subject to the most intensive searches and strange questioning. Ha ha. I can't seem to re-enter the country I was born and raised in without extreme suspicion from the powers that be.
It doesn't get any better.. I'm a 50 something, and last summer they kept me for 90 min at the border coming back down towards Duluth. Waited until it was dark before they had been through everything on the bike.. I think they checked my toothpaste!
Rant/Highjack over.. Please continue.. Fantastic RR
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote