View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #137
SteveO
Huh???

Oddometer: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by modette View Post
Here is another spin on this game.

Three canister at each drop location. Each canister is locked but only one canister has a ticket in it. Bring it back to camp and at night we unlock the canisters and find out who wins what., or wins nothing at all. Only one canister per rider, imagine the debating on which to take even if they ride out with a few friends....LOL There might be punches thrown

ohhh, your evil

Although, I do like the idea, as it proves a couple of things:

1) that the rider actually made this check point, and proof is a returned sealed canister (which can be opened back at camp, in front of all the other riders, proving to all that the canister was not tampered with)
2) That the route was followed, and therefore rider can follow directions and follow GPS tracks (For those that are GPS challenged, this is great motivation to learn about your GPS and how to follow it....)

I would also suggest that routes be held in secret until the night before the ride, so that nobody has an opportunity to really think out a shortcut....essentially leveling the playing field for those instate and out of state.....

maybe, i'm overthinking this.......

either way, we have some time to really toss some ideas around and make it an epic event.......

Life is a mist in the wind, here today and gone tomorrow; know who you are and where you are going after you pass through death's door.
SteveO is offline   Reply With Quote