View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 08:55 AM   #11
turnitonagain OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
I'm not a very good mechanic, or am comfortable doing maintenance on my bike. Unfortunately, I don't have that skill, I enjoy to ride the machine! My journey will take me through some remote stretches of Canada, and I want to make sure that the machine I chose is not only capable, but reliable to get me, my passenger, and gear across and back without being stuck in the middle of nowhere. Many people are giving me mixed messages about the 990 ADV, saying "It's not a good bike for the journey 2-UP Especially!" "Parts, are difficult to find" "Maintenance, is tough to perform on these especailly on the road, AND not just anybody can work on KTM's" "You need to baby it, because its such a HI-PO machine, you can't ride it the way you ride any other bike"

With all of these things being said, I'm not sure what to make of the KTM? I love and respect what it can do, but are all of these said things true? Is it the right machine for my XC journey 2-up. Is it 100% dirt biased? That's why I pose these questions to the KTM OWNERS and RIDERS to help me figure out if this machine is the weapon of choice for my battle.

Thanks
turnitonagain is offline   Reply With Quote