View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #112
ghw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mother77 View Post
Sorry to butt in to the thread. Sounds like you are doing Wadi Bani Awf. Excellent fun. I have only done it in a 4x4 myself, but just potentially watch out for lots of traffic this weekend. There are a couple of serviced campgrounds on top of Jebel Shams if you are looking for somewhere cool to rest you heads. Also a nice rock ledge looking over the gorge if you like a firm bed, and don't sleep walk.
Two things have made me take notice and post after a too long absence from both the forum and bikes. One is that there looks like there are a couple of Adv riders in Muscat. I saw a KTM950/990 down on Qurum corniche a few weeks ago. First i've seen in the country in 2 years. Was that any of you guys?
Second, I've seen ride report photos and heard rumors that show there is at least one HP2 in the UAE. Does any one know if there is one for sale , or if there are any KTM 950SE about? As has already been pointed out there are not a lot of bikes about here in Oman. Let alone dream rides.
Sorry. Back to your thread. Let me know if there is a more appropriate place to post these queries, or if you have a GCC riders group. Now my account's active again i'll have a look at the other threads too.

Cheers
Mike
(bikeless at the mo )
Hi Mike,

there are 3 HP's in our group, but for sure none of them for sale. 950's are already rare. there's 1 for sale at KTM Dubai. sititng idle for quite some time. the options would be tter for a 990. check out dubizzle. one guy of our grouo is leaving Dubai and posted his 990 for sale.
PM if you like more details.

cheers
ghw is offline   Reply With Quote