View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #396
Feyala OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
Fey is so much better of a rider now after three days with the geezers. She even passed one of us on a downhill in the hard rock stuff yesterday. It wasn't me. I was already behind her.

I have big hopes for her.
I definitely learned a lot, and after hours of plowing through deep sand and gravel, I'm not nearly as afraid of either of them. By the end of the day yesterday I was standing on the pegs (through pretty gentle dirt, mind you), and when I got to some deep dips heading uphill to the highway, I kept standing and gunned it. I almost looked like I knew what I was doing!

This was hands-down the most challenging riding I've ever done, even compared to stuff like Dug Bar. I still don't think I'd do well without the emotional support of others there to help me out if shit hits the fan, but my skills are improving and that's what matters. Someday I will be able to do this terrain by myself, and that's saying a lot when a week ago I don't think I could imagine myself doing this terrain at all.

Pete rode off into the distance a bit ago. It was great to meet you and I really appreciate the invite to come out here. Thanks a lot! Terrified though I may have been, I had a lot of fun!
Feyala is offline   Reply With Quote