Thread: Rekluse EXP
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #212
Unkgd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
EXP - latest adjustment

Have had the EXP on my 990ADV for a few months and have been playing with the different settings during that time. I definitely like how it requires a lot less feathering of the clutch in technical stuff, but wasn't that happy with the downhill engine braking, as it always seemed to cut out when I needed it (even when blipping the throttle). There were a few time when I went a bit more off road than I had planned

After talking to the folks at Rekluse tech support - great folks by the way - I recently changed the springs to the 950 low engagement set up (3 red/3silver) with the medium weights.

Took it out today for a 70 mile ride - my dirt loop - and what a difference! Engine braking when I need, even in the really slow stuff (in first gear). And the clutch engagement was smooth - I would say fully hooked by about 2300 rpm. My warm idle is about 1300 rpm and the clutch starts grabbing about 1500 rpm

It still chatters and drags a bit when cold - but once it warms up it is almost undetectable. At a light, I can just feel it drag once in a while. It doesn't move the bike and the bike moves back and forth as it did before. Running about 7/8 of a turn in. Had it at 1 full turn with no drag at all, but it seemed to engage a little slower.

I like it

Unkgd screwed with this post 10-29-2012 at 06:38 PM
Unkgd is online now   Reply With Quote