View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #79
yellowbronco
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
I almost pulled the trigger on a 950 Highland right before the tragedy that took their top company officers. If they were still in business and building those bikes, I'd definitely have one. I just wasn't too keen on the fueling issues that are evident in the Youtube video of someone riding the 950 supermoto. CJracer, I definitely envy you the ride you got because I never had the opportunity to spin one.

The last time I was on the swedish highland websight (apparently the swedish group still has the rights to the name) it was just a copy of the US Highland site. Now the page is blank. Part of me hopes that the engines are still going to be available. However, the technology in their engines dates back to Husqvarna in the 70's and I have to believe that KTM can do better. I seriously question if dual overhead cams is necessary (the Highland appears to be DOHC). Clearly Honda didn't think so with the Unicam design. I recall a few magazines saying that you just couldn't get the rpm's necessary for a competitive 450 with a single cam. If the new Dungey bike engine is any indication, that logic is flawed.