View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #25
scottyaustria OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Cool2 ...going north again...

Day 9...

We knew that this day would be our last one together, since Siggi wanted to be home in 2 days. I had some time left and would stay in this fantasic region to enjoy the fabulous weather.

We wanted to go up the peninsula of Peljesac and take a ferry east to the mainland. When we arrived at the ferry station we couldn buy any tickets because the ship was full. We had 5 minutes to get on the boat but no way they would let us.
Even some people that bought tickets 30min before, weren't allowed on the ferry and had to got all the way back, as we had to do.....

...a good day starts with a good breakfast - did I already mention that?...

...the city of Ston has a series of Walls, orig. more than 7km long, once known as the "European Chinese Wall"...

...and they grow gigantic pineapples...

...looking over to the mainland...

...a welcome board on Peljesac...

...yes, there was rain, but it evaporated fast than it soaked the clothes...

This was where me and Siggi parted!
Thanks Siggi for being such a good riding partner and for the fun we had. I“m sure there are some more roads for us to discover!

I went to the little town of Trogir. A wonderful town where I treated myself with a 4* apparent and a garage for the bike.
Trogir is a paradise for photographers. Its built like a maze and behind every corner there is something new to discover.

Here are some night shots.

the route of the day....

stay tuned for day 10 ...

Slainte
/Keith