View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #20
supershaft OP
because I can

Oddometer: 8,170
That's why I have backed mine up with radar guns and gearing charts. That and accounting for some error. I realize my tach can be off too. Plus the fact that it tops out at 8k. It's the radar gun displays and tickets that tell me mine isn't that far off. That and, if you subtract a few MPH, it all lines up with pj's gearing chart.

I remembered last night that I passed a line of cars up a long hill with a at least piped and chipped Multistrada a year or so ago. (these guys spend MONEY on there bikes). We were side by side and we were both in a hurry catching up with one friend on a 1198 and the other on a gixxer 1000. He out pulled me a bit but my bike is running a lot stronger now. My friend on the 1198 also has a piped and chipped Multistrada. Hopefullly we will get the chance to do a quick from first gear roll on race up to 120 or so and see where we stand.

My main point is that airheads do not have to be tractor motors and boat anchors. They are really pretty easy to get running pretty strong very reliably. It's just that a lot of people go about it ass backwards IMO.

supershaft screwed with this post 10-30-2012 at 02:00 PM
supershaft is offline   Reply With Quote