Charleston South Carolina Tag-o-rama
Welcome to the Charleston South Carolina Tag-o-rama!
I've created this local tag game in the hopes of creating a fast paced game with the opportunity for multiple tags and grabs in a week.
The idea behind this game is to get people out riding in a way the works for real life. Most of us don't have the time for long rides during the work week. Hopefully this local game will allow people to grab tags on lunch brakes and after work.
This is a new tag game and as such all tags are new as well.
The game is simple, the rules are easy, and the goal is to get people out riding.
With that goal in mind, please don't make the clues so hard that we have to surf longer on the net than we have to ride to get the tag. Heck, you can go ahead and tell people exactly where the tag is if you want, but do be aware that some people like a clever challenge.
Here are the rules. (And, yeah, they're mostly plagiarized from other tag games.)
1. File photos can be used to place a tag; they can't be used to claim a tag. Tags must be placed in Charleston County
2. Try to duplicate the tag-placement photo as closely as possible with your bike when you claim a tag. The "grab, "claim," "I got it," whatever-you-call-it photo of the tag should be as close to the previous tag as possible. The tag placer needs to make sure that the photo can be shot be anyone on any bike. The tagger's bike needs to be in the photo. A road that is maintained and legal to ride is fair game. Gravel or not.
3. When you claim the tag, tell us where the tag was.
4. NO WHINING ABOUT IT BEING TOO FAR.
5. The tag must be findable. If a tag is standing for too long, you will be asked to post a clue or a new tag.
6. The new tag must be posted no later than six hours of the posting of your grab, or you will forfeit your tag to the previous tagger. Let's keep the game moving.
7. HE WHO POSTS FIRST WINS. It doesn't matter if you got to it first, the person who posts first wins the tag. (Laptops with cell modems and smart phones and other whiz-bang gizmos really help here.)
8. A working link to a photo is acceptable for short periods of time. It's sometimes hard to code HTML on the side of the road, so if you post up a link to a working picture, then it counts. Next time you're at a real computer, please edit it so that the picture shows up in the thread.
All rules are subject to change if the larger part of the inmates think that it should change and/or there is a darned good reason to change them.
That's pretty much it.
Remember, the South Carolina Charleston Tag-o-rama is played in Charleston County only.
Have fun and ride safely.
Let's go play TAG!!