View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 04:58 PM   #221
Destination Dakar
Still Racing Rallies

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destination Dakar View Post
I can confirm I am again in the Dakar. I have teamed up with Simon Pavey, we are riding Husqvarnas. We were originally supposed to be a three rider team with Simonís son Llewellyn unfortunately he did not make the cut. Though we were all disappointed Llell has dusted himself off and raced a rally in China proving to ASO (the error of the decision) he has gone to work assisting our team.

The bike looks great, I have not ridden it yet, but Simon has and he says it is one of the best r
rally bikes he has ridden.

As I type this my bike is sitting in a warehouse in Toronto hopefully being shipped to the UK today.

The Dakar has been elusive for me, After my huge crash in 2009, I should never have gone in 2010 as I had not fully recovered from my 2009 crash and had not ridden a bike of any kind for most of 2010 compounding this two months before the 2010 Dakar I broke my finger requiring surgery.( I guess Charlie is right rally racers are like heroin addicts we just don't know when to quit)

Now that I have published my 2009 and 2010 excuses I will move on to 2013.

For the 2013 Rally I have returned to the exact training program I used in 2009, I am feeling pretty good considering I am now a little older and much worse for wear.

It is an absolute pleasure working with Simon, he is highly organised and his experience is second to none.

We will see what exciting challenges the 2013 Dakar throws at us, hopefully the challenge of getting the bike shipped are not an indication of whatís to come.

I will do my utmost to provide information to ADV however I usually find it is easier said than done once I am in the rally, survival seems to trump posting. But I will do my best.

Only 68 days to start

2008 shut down by terrorists, 2009 big crash, 2010 food poisining Bike quits, 2011 economic crash loss of financial support, 2012 trailer collapses seperating shoulders 2 weeks before start, I know this is weird and I am trying hard not to be superstitious, but... what are the odds of the biggest storm in history hitting the east, right on the day that my motorcycle was to be shipped and it absolutley must be in the UK this week? ... just saying...