View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 04:58 PM   #13198
Proud Army Dad
KIC's Avatar
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Tucson, we keep our ice in the freezer, Arizona
Oddometer: 1,080
You go to DMV and register your bike as Primarily off road. I had my KLR650 registered that way for years. It also dropped my registration fees to around $6.00/yr plus the $25.00 OHV fee.

It is what ever you say your bike is... now I couldn't get away with saying my Venture 1300 was primarily off road, but why would I...

Originally Posted by TwoRats View Post
I have an AZ OHV sticker on my 950 Adventure. You need only this sticker to ride on State Trust lands - as long as you stay on marked roads. You need the special permit only if you stray off of them. I was confused about all this also until I spoke to the AZ Game and Fish peep at last year's Overland Expo in Flagstaff.
2006 KLR - RED- The Fast one ! - Sold and missed daily
1989 Yamaha Venture XVZ13DW
1987 Yamaha Venture XVZ13DW
1985 Yamaha YZ 250 - Sold
KIC is offline   Reply With Quote