View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 06:49 AM   #90
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Oddometer: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog
I'm looking for luggage for my GS adventure at the moment Pipe, this could be just the thing! A few questions, what dimensions are the 1550 cases and is it possible to fit a larger set (41 L ?) or maybe just a larger box on the right hand side like the TT's?
Thanks
Bill
The 1550 cases are 20-11/16" x 17-3/16" x 8-9/16" deep (external dim's). 34.5 liter inside volume. That's as big as you can go without removing the passenger foot peg entirely, and keeping them up high enough. There is not a deeper Pelican case than 8-9/16" that has the correct other dim's (hxw), so making a bigger one on the right side is not possible. But, I am working on a small tool case to piggy back on the the inside wall of the 1550.

Over the years I've pared down my load, lighter seem to work better. 34.5 liter per side with at least 34 liter top case carries everything. My tent and a few other things go into a dry-bag strapped to the pillion (serves as a nice backrest). I always get into situations where I wished I had a lighter load.
Made in Boulder, Colorado USA
PH: 303-786-8947 Mon-Sat 8:00am-5:00pm Mountain Time Zone

CaribouCases screwed with this post 11-29-2008 at 12:55 PM
CaribouCases is offline   Reply With Quote