Old 10-30-2012, 10:41 PM   #97
crofrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfund View Post
My little 2 cents.

I would have loved my 690 if only it ONE Didn't break down so much
You took a basically unknown used bike slapped a bunch of mods on it and took it to Africa which is totally awesome. From what I remember from the report you only really had 2 problems right? Fuel pump twice and the voltage regulator? You did allot of beating around the bush to find the issue though because the computer wasn't exceedingly helpful in telling you what the problem was.

Quote:
and TWO got better fuel mileage. I was content with everything else about the bike. If a 700-800 twin could fix those two issues for me, I would be quite happy, but I don't want anything heavier than the current 690. Being light and nimble was the best part of that bike.
What type of mileage did you get, how did it change once you took the akrapovic map off?

Quote:
I realize that MPG isn't any ones concerns but for me it is really frustrating when your riding partner on a F800GS uses 1/3 less gas. That really adds up on RTW type trips and in Norway when fuel touches $20 a gallon.
What type of mileage was Nick getting? From what I've read the F800's get about 50ish did you see that real world?

crofrog screwed with this post 10-30-2012 at 10:54 PM
crofrog is offline   Reply With Quote