View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 11:52 PM   #207
Z_HARSH OP
Like margarine?

Oddometer: 487
tHE skAGway PT 2

I thought about turning back, but I figured I would give it a try without the passport. Getting into the US wasn’t the problem; it was getting back to the truck and back across. I had the friendly boarder guard write up a slip telling the other side that I was OK to let back in, prayed that it would work, and went on through.

The canyon in was pretty cool, but didn’t think it was a good place to carve it up proper. So I obeyed and rolled through and into town. There was nothing for me there, I still had enough gas, so I turned around and took the turnoff I spotted on the way in that seemed to lead along the shoreline and would go for a ways.

It turned into dirt, and got real good. Easy stuff, nothing technical, just good cruising. Eventually though, just like the rest of them, it deadened.

Photobucket

Well, it didn’t actually end. It would have been one hell of a hill on my dirtbike, but obviously impossible on the KLR. Pictures of this kind of stuff never give it justice, and the blur doesn’t help either. But, on the way in I noticed several interesting turnoffs. So, I naturally had to see them all dead-end in one form or another.

There was some nice riding up the wash and ended in this:

Photobucket

It gave way to a nice view of this:

Photobucket

I found some nice tracks that looked like that:

Photobucket

But the best of all, I found quite a bit of riding that looked somewhat similar to this:

Photobucket

Photobucket

SPREAD THE WORD, SAVE OUR SPORT!!
Z_HARSH is offline   Reply With Quote